• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia Eagles

Started by GB1987, November 17, 2010, 11:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeepCoverage

Quote from: windbox on August 17, 2011, 07:21:26 am
Just read one of Stanley's comments stating Eagles looking for "better" finish in 2011 than 2010!  Is this a joke or does he really believe that?  Going to be the run game again this year, which that was a given.  Sax will have to step up this year to get to the 7-3 finish they had last year.  Six weeks from now we should know how the season is going and I can't wait.  Looks like we will have several road trips to take.

Week 6

InYoGrill

Quote from: DeepCoverage on October 05, 2011, 09:49:29 pm
Quote from: windbox on August 17, 2011, 07:21:26 am
Just read one of Stanley's comments stating Eagles looking for "better" finish in 2011 than 2010!  Is this a joke or does he really believe that?  Going to be the run game again this year, which that was a given.  Sax will have to step up this year to get to the 7-3 finish they had last year.  Six weeks from now we should know how the season is going and I can't wait.  Looks like we will have several road trips to take.

Week 6

DC, I see your opinions along with others are coming true about this season.

InYoGrill

You want to watch some dominating Veagle football? Come out and watch those 7th graders (both teams!).  Pistol O in full dominating effect and good D as well. Coach Bowman is doing a SUPER job with those boys. Must be about 60 of them out there.

Callthoshogs

Taking nothing away from Sax the offense need to be adjusted for his running style. This also holds true for the quarterbacks. The bruising style of running backs Vilonia has had in the past are gone. The ability to work with good backs is not. A little adjustment here and there could make a world of difference. Good luck this week Eagles!!!

Lifer

October 06, 2011, 07:58:50 am #904 Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:14:40 am by Lifer
Quote from: Callthoshogs on October 06, 2011, 07:05:00 am
Taking nothing away from Sax the offense need to be adjusted for his running style. This also holds true for the quarterbacks. The bruising style of running backs Vilonia has had in the past are gone. The ability to work with good backs is not. A little adjustment here and there could make a world of difference. Good luck this week Eagles!!!
This is true but we do have backs that can run inside and out they just have to be fearless when they hit the point of attack. This could be the wk we see that

windbox

Don't see this being the week.  They MIGHT win one more, won't be SS.  Hope I am wrong, but just the way I see it.

Jimmymack

IYG  DC will always be a loser

Lifer

Quote from: windbox on October 06, 2011, 09:19:35 am
Don't see this being the week.  They MIGHT win one more, won't be SS.  Hope I am wrong, but just the way I see it.
.  Tell us why you dint see it. And don't go in to play calling with some O that we don't run. With what we do and what we have what would you do. Are we going to lose because our D is not good enough. Or are we going to lose because we just can't score. Who would you give the ball to. And how.... Out of the sets that we run... Just wondering .....

Jimmymack

I say we insert DC into the play calling or even head coach job.  No, bad idea , he's a loser

InYoGrill

October 06, 2011, 07:35:34 pm #909 Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:21:34 pm by InYoGrill
DC and JM, how about you two place a bet. Each one gets the ball at the 10. The one who crosses the goal line in most # of plays is banned from FF for the rest of the season. What you think? Other FF posters what you think?? This might get interesting for our V thread.

pantherblue

Has either ever shown their true identity?

windbox

We do not have the players to run the offense we run.  Also, when Stanley kicked off the seniors that had started the past 2 years he got rid of the experience and that has come back to bit him in the butt.  Also have heard that Davey J. is out, that will hurt the defense bad.  SS has big tough players, if you had watched them the past few years you would know that.  If I am not mistaken 2 years ago was the first time in Stanley's career at Vilonia that he beat SS.

windbox

It would appear that JM's anger management classes did him no good.  Maybe he needs to return for level 2, or start taking his meds.

Jimmymack

ING  he has proven he is not worthy, really

DeepCoverage

Quote from: Jimmymack on October 06, 2011, 07:03:04 pm
I say we insert DC into the play calling or even head coach job.  No, bad idea , he's a loser

IDIOT!..............when are you going to build that statue

DeepCoverage

Quote from: Jimmymack on October 06, 2011, 07:03:04 pm

Are you stating that is what you have now jimmy, a loser.

DeepCoverage

Quote from: Jimmymack on October 06, 2011, 08:41:49 pm
ING  he has proven he is not worthy, really
Is this because I'm right!
almost forgot........IDIOT!!

Coach D

I listen on the radio to every game, but I went to the game tonight and enjoyed watching Atkinson run the football, I'm glad to see someone WANT to run the football. Good job #25

Lifer

No doubt 25 played well tonight had an INT... in on several tackles and made some nice runs. The boys need to keep their heads up. I'm proud of them and proud to be an Eagles fan....

Jimmymack

No just you DC, you are a total loser and a sore loser cause you got your feelings hurt

turftime

Windbox-- Like we have said he didn't kick them off they quit.  Win or loose have to be tuff to play football so they quit.

DeepCoverage

Quote from: turftime on October 08, 2011, 09:51:11 am
Windbox-- Like we have said he didn't kick them off they quit.  Win or loose have to be tuff to play football so they quit.

You have no idea son, Your probably starting because a lot of kids quite or were kicked, so be thankful you have a spot, it has nothing to do about how tuff they were, they were plenty tuff.
How many games have you won as an Eagle turftime, I am talking about from the 7th grade till now, if you do not know just let me no what grade your in and I will let you know. I will also let you know how many you can put on for this year

DeepCoverage

Quote from: windbox on October 06, 2011, 08:22:02 pm
We do not have the players to run the offense we run.  Also, when Stanley kicked off the seniors that had started the past 2 years he got rid of the experience and that has come back to bit him in the butt.  Also have heard that Davey J. is out, that will hurt the defense bad.  SS has big tough players, if you had watched them the past few years you would know that.  If I am not mistaken 2 years ago was the first time in Stanley's career at Vilonia that he beat SS.

+ 1

Jimmymack

October 08, 2011, 11:01:42 am #923 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:08:52 am by Jimmymack
DC  I apologize.  You seem to have an agenda I'm not qualified to help with.  Good luck with whatever you wish to accomplish.  I wish you nothing  but peace.  I was just joking around and you are serious it seems.  Again, sorry I will not speak with you again

DeepCoverage

October 08, 2011, 11:09:45 am #924 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:14:34 am by DeepCoverage
Yep!           Week 7 jimmy, will you ever talk football or give a prediction. I know, you are just going to keep showing how big of an IDIOT you really are.

That would be great if you did not speak again, don't bring family in on this like you have done.
I had no idea everyone knew I was still wetting the bed

Jimmymack

I'm sorry again.  I will talk football and not joke around again.

DeepCoverage

October 08, 2011, 11:16:26 am #926 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:20:54 am by DeepCoverage
I have no agenda, just stating what I think, which is what this forum is for, and to talk football

Let's talk football..........oh and by the way all conference jr and sr year in football and baseball

played baseball at SMU for a year and a semester until the Dallas night life ate me up

no Band, but I did have a drum set at one time

Jimmymack

Its just these kids are working so hard and playing hard .  Hope they can do well against Morrilton

DeepCoverage

2nd year coach at Morrilton and the kids are buying into the system. Morrilton will be tough, I see them in the 4 slot in the playoffs if things go right for them the rest of the year. I think Criswell maybe 1 of the top 5 backs in the state right now. The coach is young and is a Motivator, Morrilton was a sweep for years now they seem to be a problem child

Jimmymack

Morrilton is much improved.  They seem to have some good athletes most years

DeepCoverage

always have had them, this coach walked the halls and found more for his line

Jimmymack

Alright, my prediction, If Vilonia's defense can slow down Criswell we should have a chance to win this week in a close one.  Ate some of the hottest wings ever  back in the 90s at the West End of Dallas

InYoGrill

October 08, 2011, 12:27:29 pm #932 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 07:28:26 pm by InYoGrill
+1 for two grown FF posters who tagged each other first half of the season and now are ready to hug and eat hot wings together.  Really, good to see the peassing contest end and see these Eagles come together along with the coaching staff and make a good showing for the 2nd half of the season. Motown is going to be tough but we are capable to win this game in their backyard.

I was helping with the 7th grade game this morning against Cabot and let me tell you Coach Bowman has got a machine going on. Very well coached team and plenty of good promise for future varsity Eagles. Very impressed with this group.

Go Eagles!

DeepCoverage

INYG......Never said I would get along with the coaching philosophy..........I don't enjoy watching grass grow, I cut it before it get's out of control

pantherblue

I doubt crisswell will be playing but they have a very good player replacing him.

turftime

Glad to see dad and DC make up.  It was starting to remind me of the Christmas dad and uncle John got in fight. They turned tree over and broke grannys arm.

DevilPupMom

Quote from: pantherblue on October 08, 2011, 02:30:33 pm
I doubt crisswell will be playing but they have a very good player replacing him.

Unfortunately Criswell probably won't be playing against Vilonia but we have plenty of other "go to" boys to include the one who stepped in and played his spot last night.

And glad we were able to help you out PB and ensure Burcham got to play an entire game!

pantherblue

Thanks pup mom! I loved watching Burcham the whole game for a change. I also enjoyed watching those pups play. David Ford is a great little team leader. I hope you guys get on a roll and make post season play.

InYoGrill

Quote from: DeepCoverage on October 08, 2011, 02:05:33 pm
INYG......Never said I would get along with the coaching philosophy..........I don't enjoy watching grass grow, I cut it before it get's out of control

DC, I know I've mentioned about the 7th grade team before but man Bowman runs a strong program with great run/pass balance. You got to check it out if you haven't.

DeepCoverage

Morrilton and Harrison are must wins for the Eagles and hope to pull off an upset somewhere down the road................Greenwood or Greenbrier

Sounds like Morrilton may be without Criswell this week, but they are really playing good football. I think if they get by the Eagles they could slide into a 4th spot by winning out

sevenof400

It is time for some serious self review of the program.......the ENTIRE program from Pee-Wee to varsity.  How could it come to this?  How is the program so down in terms of numbers, size and talent?

RD™

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 14, 2011, 09:10:35 pm
It is time for some serious self review of the program.......the ENTIRE program from Pee-Wee to varsity.  How could it come to this?  How is the program so down in terms of numbers, size and talent?
Getting rid of that archaic offense is a start.

Big Daddy DOG

Not gonna be good when V-town comes to GW next wk.. GW by 40plus

sevenof400

Quote from: PC™ on October 14, 2011, 09:28:30 pm

I tend to agree with that PC.  In this day and age, you simply are not going to excite kids about your program with a grind it out approach UNLESS you are winning consistently.  Right now, V simply does not have the size and / or depth to outmuscle the competition. 

But before anyone reads this as a statement against the coach, let me reiterate a review of the entire program needs to occur.  This also includes administration, facilities, everything.   

Paw-Paw

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 14, 2011, 10:09:09 pm
Quote from: PC™ on October 14, 2011, 09:28:30 pm

I tend to agree with that PC.  In this day and age, you simply are not going to excite kids about your program with a grind it out approach UNLESS you are winning consistently.  Right now, V simply does not have the size and / or depth to outmuscle the competition. 

But before anyone reads this as a statement against the coach, let me reiterate a review of the entire program needs to occur.  This also includes administration, facilities, everything.   

windbox

So proud of how the boys have worked this year, they have done their very best.  Now is the time to look at the staff and above for some leadership.  Until this is done the future of the program will continue to struggle for next few years. 

InYoGrill

Yes, the young men are working hard and playing with what they got. They are quick young and dedicated group. After watching my son go through the program from 7th-SR, I can you they do the lifting, conditioning, and practicing time to be good. They wouldn't do it if they didn't love playing football cause it is so much like a job on top of going to school like the average kid. +1 to all the young men from any team that read this and the supportive parents for persevering through it as well.

DeepCoverage

Quote from: windbox on August 04, 2011, 06:27:03 am
Been hearing changes would be made next year. Also that Stanley would be AD.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Jimmymack

The kids have done great this year considering how young they are.  Thank you Coach Stanley for
believing in our kids. 

Jimmymack

and also to Coach Buckner who has taught me life long lessons starting at NLU back in the late 70s. 

You couldnt have better men leading our program.  The junior high team has kicked butt and taken
names the last couple of weeks.  Work hard guys, the good people have your backs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas