• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1E

Started by bobcats, October 01, 2015, 08:50:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobcats

The season starts in 2 weeks for several teams in this conference.  It's time to hear predictions and comments on the upcoming season.

TheOfficial

October 01, 2015, 09:18:05 am #1 Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:20:22 am by TheOfficial
Girls
1.  Valley Springs
2.  Mt View
3.  Bergman
3.  Yellville
5.  Marshall
6.  Cotter
7.  Melbourne
8.  Green Forest
9.  Flippin

Boys
1.  Marshall
2.  Valley Springs
3.  Yellville
3.  Cotter
5.  Flippin
6.  Green Forest
7.  Bergman
8.  Melbourne
9.  Mt View

I can't decide on the 3/4 spots in boys or girls.

Basketballfan13

Girls:
1. Valley
2. Mt. View
3. Yellville
4. Bergman
5. Melbourne
6. Marshall
7. Cotter
8. Flippin
9. Green Forest

really 6-9 could be a toss up and any one could take that 6 spot.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 01, 2015, 09:58:09 am
Girls:
1. Valley
2. Mt. View
3. Yellville
4. Bergman
5. Melbourne
6. Marshall
7. Cotter
8. Flippin
9. Green Forest

really 6-9 could be a toss up and any one could take that 6 spot.

I would go one farther and say 5-9 is a toss up.

Head Lion

Bobcats, who is going to bid on the regional up that way this year?

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on October 01, 2015, 02:14:31 pm
Bobcats, who is going to bid on the regional up that way this year?

Only one I have heard is Bergman.

bobcats

October 01, 2015, 02:44:59 pm #6 Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:48:36 pm by bobcats
Quote from: TheOfficial on October 01, 2015, 09:18:05 am
Girls
1.  Valley Springs
2.  Mt View
3.  Bergman
3.  Yellville
5.  Marshall
6.  Cotter
7.  Melbourne
8.  Green Forest
9.  Flippin

Boys
1.  Marshall
2.  Valley Springs
3.  Yellville
3.  Cotter
5.  Flippin
6.  Green Forest
7.  Bergman
8.  Melbourne
9.  Mt Viewr

Can't argue with any of the above, on the boys side 3,4 and 5 will be very capable of the upset if either of the top 2 don't show up.  I hear Williams for Bergman could miss the whole season.  If that is true they will definitely struggle to score.

Bergman1820

What will be the difference for Y-S Girls this season? I was looking at some old posts from last season and I think they finished last in the conference. So just wondering what it is that makes some pick them up around the 3-4 place.

Thanks

TheOfficial

They did not finish last.  They have some good 10-11th graders.  One thing that elevates them is how bad the rest of the conference is.  They will for sure finish top 4 this year.

yellowjackethooper

1. Marshall - when was the last time they won a conference title? Sometimes kids who aren't used to winning can struggle when the target is on their back.
2. Valley - could easily be #1 in my book. Just don't know if they have enough around their 2 good ones.
3. Yellville - wildcard here, lots of talent but coaching situation is not good I don't think.
4. Cotter - super talented, everything back!! Dangerous!
5. Flippin - lost to much I think for Politte. He can't do it all.
6. Bergman - always play hard and have some scorers.
7. Mt View - move that good jr high group up
8. Melbourne - just don't have much.
9. Green forest - same

TheOfficial

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on October 02, 2015, 09:45:55 am
1. Marshall - when was the last time they won a conference title? Sometimes kids who aren't used to winning can struggle when the target is on their back.
2. Valley - could easily be #1 in my book. Just don't know if they have enough around their 2 good ones.
3. Yellville - wildcard here, lots of talent but coaching situation is not good I don't think.
9. Green forest - same

I agree with all that.  I just moved GF up a couple because they do have one really talented kid. 
Bergman didn't have much to start with and their starting guard has moved to Texas.  Hearing their scorer may be hurt.  And the parents and coach over there are always fighting.

Bergman1820

Quote from: bobcats on October 01, 2015, 02:44:59 pm
Girls
1.  Valley Springs
2.  Mt View
3.  Bergman
3.  Yellville
5.  Marshall
6.  Cotter
7.  Melbourne
8.  Green Forest
9.  Flippin

Boys
1.  Marshall
2.  Valley Springs
3.  Yellville
3.  Cotter
5.  Flippin
6.  Green Forest
7.  Bergman
8.  Melbourne
9.  Mt Viewr

Can't argue with any of the above, on the boys side 3,4 and 5 will be very capable of the upset if either of the top 2 don't show up.  I hear Williams for Bergman could miss the whole season.  If that is true they will definitely struggle to score.

Williams #2 that shoots the 3's played in the Blue and Gold game tonight. Not sure what his injury was but he looked fine tonight. If thats the one your talking about. 

bobcats

October 03, 2015, 01:23:33 am #12 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:09:16 pm by bobcats
Quote from: vstigerz on October 02, 2015, 08:51:26 pm
Quote from: bobcats on October 01, 2015, 02:44:59 pm
Girls
1.  Valley Springs
2.  Mt View
3.  Bergman
3.  Yellville
5.  Marshall
6.  Cotter
7.  Melbourne
8.  Green Forest
9.  Flippin

Boys
1.  Marshall
2.  Valley Springs
3.  Yellville
3.  Cotter
5.  Flippin
6.  Green Forest
7.  Bergman
8.  Melbourne
9.  Mt Viewr

Williams #2 that shoots the 3's played in the Blue and Gold game tonight. Not sure what his injury was but he looked fine tonight. If thats the one your talking about.

Some of the Bergman players were telling the Marshall players his recovery from surgery has not gone well.  It is good to hear that is not the case.

ballmember

Would like to know how Mt View girls are predicted to be 2?   Are they that good with talent, or is conference down?  I know Valley will be good.  And ideas....

Basketballfan13

Quote from: ballmember on October 04, 2015, 05:39:46 pm
Would like to know how Mt View girls are predicted to be 2?   Are they that good with talent, or is conference down?  I know Valley will be good.  And ideas....

A little of both. Mt. View will be huge, just mainly going to depend on how good the guard play is this year and how the freshman pg adapts to sr high. They should be starting 2 6' footers and a 5'9 in the post, and a freshman pg moving up to sr high that is really talented.

Silky Johnson

I'd def tell opposing teams that the best player is not doing well, just a little pre game psychology.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 04, 2015, 08:07:12 pm

A little of both. Mt. View will be huge, just mainly going to depend on how good the guard play is this year and how the freshman pg adapts to sr high. They should be starting 2 6' footers and a 5'9 in the post, and a freshman pg moving up to sr high that is really talented.
Conference is way down besides Valley.  Valley could mercy rule Mt View and Mt View is probably 15 points better than the next two teams.  Mt View is not what they have been the past decade.  Bergman and Yellville are just average.   Teams 5 -9 are really, really down.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: TheOfficial on October 04, 2015, 08:53:14 pm

Conference is way down besides Valley.  Valley could mercy rule Mt View and Mt View is probably 15 points better than the next two teams.  Mt View is not what they have been the past decade.  Bergman and Yellville are just average.   Teams 5 -9 are really, really down.
Wait...I thought Valley was only good because all the officials are related to them?lol

TheOfficial

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 05, 2015, 08:57:44 am
Quote from: TheOfficial on October 04, 2015, 08:53:14 pm

Wait...I thought Valley was only good because all the officials are related to them?lol
Ha, that has to be it.

Basketballfan13

I thought you would get a good laugh out of that one!

Princess001

Williams is having a total meniscus surgery he is just waiting on a cadaver  will be out whole season
and was just playing in Blue and Gold games because he is still waiting...

TheOfficial

Quote from: Princess001 on October 05, 2015, 05:38:31 pm
Williams is having a total meniscus surgery he is just waiting on a cadaver  will be out whole season
and was just playing in Blue and Gold games because he is still waiting...

Yep, I had heard that too but didn't want to argue about it on here.  They will struggle big time without him.

bobcats

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on October 02, 2015, 09:45:55 am
9. Green forest - same

Marshall boys have strengthened the non conference schedule to prepare them for  conference play and any possible post season play.  Also, this group of boys have always had success and therefore they expect to win.

Moonshiner

Has anyone from this conference played yet?

Bergman1820

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 14, 2015, 07:51:46 pm

Bergman played benefit games vs Omaha on Monday night. To me it seemed like both teams took it seriously though. I'm not sure on exact scores, but I think I'm close.

Sr.Girls:
Bergman 76 I was impressed with how they played. They are lacking height again this season, but they have some really good shooters and can get to the basket as well.
Omaha 66 For a 1A school they have good size and a couple of the girls really work hard in the paint. I believe they have 3 girls who can consistently hit the 3.

Sr.Boys:
Bergman 52 After what they lost from last season and what they have lost to move outs and injuries this season is gonna be a long season for the Panthers.
Omaha 86 Their inside guy is tall not real big, but he can get up there for rebounds and finishes well. They seem to have reliable 3 point shooters as well.

Not the best information guys, but at least it's something. So glad basketball season is here!!!!

TheOfficial

Quote from: vstigerz on October 14, 2015, 08:55:24 pm

Bergman played benefit games vs Omaha on Monday night. To me it seemed like both teams took it seriously though. I'm not sure on exact scores, but I think I'm close.

Sr.Girls:
Bergman 76 I was impressed with how they played. They are lacking height again this season, but they have some really good shooters and can get to the basket as well.
Omaha 66 For a 1A school they have good size and a couple of the girls really work hard in the paint. I believe they have 3 girls who can consistently hit the 3.

Sr.Boys:
Bergman 52 After what they lost from last season and what they have lost to move outs and injuries this season is gonna be a long season for the Panthers.
Omaha 86 Their inside guy is tall not real big, but he can get up there for rebounds and finishes well. They seem to have reliable 3 point shooters as well.

Not the best information guys, but at least it's something. So glad basketball season is here!!!!

Omaha senior girls have been way down for a long time.  Unless they've had some move ins then this doesn't seem like much of a win for Bergman.

Moonshiner

Quote from: vstigerz on October 14, 2015, 08:55:24 pm

Sr.Girls:

Sr.Boys:

Thanks. Lot of points scored in the girls game.  Well, both games I guess.

HawgDaddy

On the boys side, it really is a five team race for four spots.  Honestly, I think there could be a three team tie for the top spot.  In no particular order: Valley Springs, Flippin, Cotter, Yellville, and Marshall will be the best teams.  It might come down to injuries or coaching.  If it comes down to coaching, Valley, Flippin, and Marshall are probably in good shape, not to say the other guys aren't good coaches, but I think those guys are elite.  I'll give the reasons why I like these teams below.

Flippin - Most people think they lost everyone but Politte; however, they actually have 3 kids back from a very good squad.  I think they have enough spot up shooters around the big kid to make it hard to play them zone.  If teams play them man, Coach Hargrove and Politte will be hard to defend.

Valley - They also have 3 very good players.  I really like Hogue, but Drew Saunders will be an animal this season.  I think he'll be a monster around the paint.  Coach Taylor will run some unorthodox sets and they'll take away the other teams top 2 options every night. 

Marshall - Coach Drennan has been building there for a while.  He does a great job and has enough talent to win the league. Nicholson is a stud and they have some other kids around him. It would not surprise me if they win the league.

Yellville - They have a great core of kids.  I like Allen, Berry, Lynch, and Gipson.  I'm not sure what they have after those four.  Coach Truxler will do a good job of coaching basketball (he's done it before), but these kids have never been super excited to defend.  They are really good offensively, but they'll have to defend to win the league.

Cotter - They have some great young talent to add to everything that was coming back to begin with.  I don't know that I'd want to play them in a must win game.  I suspect they will be inconsistent based on the fact that they haven't been a major player in this league in a long time.

Bergman, Green Forest, Melbourne, and Mtn. View will have long seasons. 

Silky Johnson

I like Hawgdaddy, nice analysis. I'm ready to watch bay play Flippin a couple times this year.

epotts

Norfork and Flippin played in a benefit game on Friday night. Norfork won 86-41 in boys and Flippin girls won 48-47. Flippin boys looked decent but nothing like the squad from last season. They lost a lot and just needing to find a way to get back after it. Not saying they won't be good, but this could be an indicator of what's to come good or bad. It was the first game of the year and these two teams will meet again on October 30, eager to see the results after that game

Bergman1820

Valley Hosted Viola last night. The SR.Girls score at Half was 51-5. Final was 61-8. Viola is way down this year. Henderson for Valley didn't play last night. They were a really good team last year, but I think this years team is even better. They play really fast. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do against tough competition. 

Silky Johnson

It is early but Norfork whacked them pretty good. Lewis had to have a pretty good game, did Valley boys play Viola?

Bergman1820

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 17, 2015, 10:48:46 am
It is early but Norfork whacked them pretty good. Lewis had to have a pretty good game, did Valley boys play Viola?

I wasn't there for the boys game, but the score at half was 27-8 Valley. Final was 64-40..

Basketballfan13

Quote from: epotts on October 17, 2015, 01:06:21 am
Norfork and Flippin played in a benefit game on Friday night. Norfork won 86-41 in boys and Flippin girls won 48-47. Flippin boys looked decent but nothing like the squad from last season. They lost a lot and just needing to find a way to get back after it. Not saying they won't be good, but this could be an indicator of what's to come good or bad. It was the first game of the year and these two teams will meet again on October 30, eager to see the results after that game
What happened to norfork girls, I figured they would have won this one by a decent amount?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 17, 2015, 12:17:02 pm
Quote from: epotts on October 17, 2015, 01:06:21 am
What happened to norfork girls, I figured they would have won this one by a decent amount?

I have heard they have been hit pretty hard with injuries.

lorettalynn

Coach Clancie laymon is what happened to the SR boys of Flippin

TheOfficial

Quote from: vstigerz on October 17, 2015, 10:45:54 am
Valley Hosted Viola last night. The SR.Girls score at Half was 51-5. Final was 61-8. Viola is way down this year. Henderson for Valley didn't play last night. They were a really good team last year, but I think this years team is even better. They play really fast. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do against tough competition.
Valley actually has 3 girls out injured.  Henderson, Graddy and Sneed.  Even without those 3 really good players they are still loaded. 

Bergman1820

Quote from: TheOfficial on October 18, 2015, 09:44:10 am
Valley actually has 3 girls out injured.  Henderson, Graddy and Sneed.  Even without those 3 really good players they are still loaded.

Graddy for the year right? How long is Henderson out?

Bergman1820

Quote from: lorettalynn on October 18, 2015, 07:45:42 am
Coach Clancie laymon is what happened to the SR boys of Flippin

Nice!!

Silky Johnson

lol don't know about that but Norfork doesn't have much size. Sounds like they shot a lot of lay ups.

lorettalynn

Silky were coach laymon coached before was not far from La and TX Boarders his team down there was use to playing against people that was in the state playoffs all the time in class 2A at parkers chapel 2 miles from El Dorado

Silky Johnson

I remember Parkers Chapel had a pretty good team that lost to Rashad Madden and AJ turner of EPC in the state finals after beating a Hughes team in the semis that won state in 2010. Think they gave a 28-1 Stephens team a couple competitive games that year.

TheOfficial

Quote from: vstigerz on October 18, 2015, 11:43:31 am
Quote from: TheOfficial on October 18, 2015, 09:44:10 am

Graddy for the year right? How long is Henderson out?

Graddy was an ACL and probably the season but possibly by state tourney.  Word the other night is possible back surgery for Henderson.  She hasn't practiced in 3-4 months.

TheOfficial

Quote from: HawgDaddy on October 16, 2015, 12:53:59 pm
On the boys side, it really is a five team race for four spots.  Honestly, I think there could be a three team tie for the top spot.  In no particular order: Valley Springs, Flippin, Cotter, Yellville, and Marshall will be the best teams.  It might come down to injuries or coaching.  If it comes down to coaching, Valley, Flippin, and Marshall are probably in good shape, not to say the other guys aren't good coaches, but I think those guys are elite.  I'll give the reasons why I like these teams below.

Flippin - Most people think they lost everyone but Politte; however, they actually have 3 kids back from a very good squad.  I think they have enough spot up shooters around the big kid to make it hard to play them zone.  If teams play them man, Coach Hargrove and Politte will be hard to defend.

Valley - They also have 3 very good players.  I really like Hogue, but Drew Saunders will be an animal this season.  I think he'll be a monster around the paint.  Coach Taylor will run some unorthodox sets and they'll take away the other teams top 2 options every night. 

Marshall - Coach Drennan has been building there for a while.  He does a great job and has enough talent to win the league. Nicholson is a stud and they have some other kids around him. It would not surprise me if they win the league.

Yellville - They have a great core of kids.  I like Allen, Berry, Lynch, and Gipson.  I'm not sure what they have after those four.  Coach Truxler will do a good job of coaching basketball (he's done it before), but these kids have never been super excited to defend.  They are really good offensively, but they'll have to defend to win the league.

Cotter - They have some great young talent to add to everything that was coming back to begin with.  I don't know that I'd want to play them in a must win game.  I suspect they will be inconsistent based on the fact that they haven't been a major player in this league in a long time.

Bergman, Green Forest, Melbourne, and Mtn. View will have long seasons.

Take Flippin out of your race for the conference.  They got beat by about 40 by Norfork and Valley had Norfork down almost 20 tonight.

yellowjackethooper

What was the final score official?

Moonshiner

The Class A thread shows Valley winning 69-65

HawgDaddy

I won't eliminate Flippin just yet, it's really early.  They may not have the horses to win it, but they could definitely determine who does.  I still think those 5 teams will compete for the top 4.  Valley Springs beating Norfork might indicate that they are farther along than some thought. 

Silky Johnson

It's REALLY early, Bay beat Jasper by 20 but they still have a long way to go and plenty of things to correct.  Flippin is still 0-0 in conference so I wouldn't count them out in October

TheOfficial

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 21, 2015, 10:53:00 am
The Class A thread shows Valley winning 69-65

Valley was up 17 in the 4th, Hogue fouled out, Valley ended up winning by 4.

Mamba13

Mark my words cotter boys may sneak up on valley and Marshall if they shoot like they have here early!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas