• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Top Ten Preseason

Started by BigMan15, September 15, 2015, 12:11:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobcats

Quote from: vstigerz on September 18, 2015, 06:23:33 pm
I am a Valley Springs fan, but I don't see how some of you can have them ranked so high when basically the only experience they have coming back is Hogue and Saunders.

I hear Valley picked up a good player from Harrison but also lost their good post who would have been moving up from last years jr high team.

Eagle20

Quote from: #EagleStrong on September 18, 2015, 05:14:31 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on September 18, 2015, 02:00:25 pm
Harmony Grove has a lot to replace. I'm not sure they are up to the task

They relied so much on Drake Wilks last year. Without him Haskell- Don't Call Me Benton-Harmony Grove will likely struggle in a conference that includes ECS and Jessieville. The rest of that conference looks to be down, so who knows. Still don't think they're a top ten team, or even particularly close to one for that matter.
You might rethink that thought of HHG not particularly close to top 10. 

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 18, 2015, 02:59:17 pm
Charleston has a player named Altair Ibn La'Ahad who I hear is a stud
He's from Syria, right?

WPWells

Silky Johnson

Longfellow

This thread has taken an odd turn

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Eagle20 on September 19, 2015, 11:28:33 am
Quote from: #EagleStrong on September 18, 2015, 05:14:31 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on September 18, 2015, 02:00:25 pm
Harmony Grove has a lot to replace. I'm not sure they are up to the task

They relied so much on Drake Wilks last year. Without him Haskell- Don't Call Me Benton-Harmony Grove will likely struggle in a conference that includes ECS and Jessieville. The rest of that conference looks to be down, so who knows. Still don't think they're a top ten team, or even particularly close to one for that matter.
You might rethink that thought of HHG not particularly close to top 10.

Well, fine, but tell me why. I'd like as much information on these teams as I can get. I can substantively tell you why I put each team on my list, so why HHG?

Dc4life

Drew Central will young last year played 2 freshman on the sr. High team and the Jr high team still was unbeaten still be young but could be good. Smackover should be the favorite though

TheOfficial

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 18, 2015, 07:00:36 pm
Valley will compete well in district because they are going to play hard and pressure like craxy but definitely not a top 5 team I wouldn't think.
They will have trouble pressuring when they are only 5 deep.  Zero bench.

TheOfficial

Quote from: bobcats on September 18, 2015, 10:02:31 pm
I am a Valley Springs fan, but I don't see how some of you can have them ranked so high when basically the only experience they have coming back is Hogue and Saunders.

I hear Valley picked up a good player from Harrison but also lost their good post who would have been moving up from last years jr high team.
10th grade post player is once again ineligible.

#EagleStrong

Marshall the favorite in 3A-1 East then?

TheOfficial

Quote from: #EagleStrong on September 20, 2015, 03:00:04 pm

I think so.  Flippin has even worse problems with depth than Valley does.  Cotter has potential to do well. Bergman, GF, Melbourne, and Mt View are definitely the bottom 4 but not necessarily in that order.

bobcats

Quote from: TheOfficial on September 20, 2015, 04:58:17 pm

I think so.  Flippin has even worse problems with depth than Valley does.  Cotter has potential to do well. Bergman, GF, Melbourne, and Mt View are definitely the bottom 4 but not necessarily in that order.

What do you think of Yellville boys with Lynch and Berry?

#EagleStrong

Well on the Preseason Conference Poll Marshall is about to overtake Valley Springs as the favorite. 0.1 margin right now.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: TheOfficial on September 20, 2015, 12:48:20 am

Who was the 10th grade post player?

TheOfficial

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 20, 2015, 08:56:17 pm

Not going to say his name.  He was the 6'5 post player on their jr team last year.

TheOfficial

Quote from: bobcats on September 20, 2015, 05:28:50 pm

What do you think of Yellville boys with Lynch and Berry?

I think Yellville and Cotter will fight for 4th and 5th but could suprise and move up a spot or two.  Yellville lost a good 10th grader over the summer who has now moved back but is ineligible and even bigger they are on 3rd coach in 3 years.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: TheOfficial on September 20, 2015, 10:41:53 pm

Not going to say his name.  He was the 6'5 post player on their jr team last year.
Ok, I think that was the same one that I was thinking of. I thought that he had moved to Harrison over the summer.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 21, 2015, 08:06:29 am
Quote from: TheOfficial on September 20, 2015, 10:41:53 pm

Ok, I think that was the same one that I was thinking of. I thought that he had moved to Harrison over the summer.
Same kid.  He moved to Harrison after he found out he was ineligible.

ISU7

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 15, 2015, 02:10:12 am
1. Ecs
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Valley Springs
4. Two Rivers
5. Charleston
6.Harding
7. Paris
8. Osceola
9. Smackover
10. Marshall
Osceola WILL NOT BE a top ten team, they have issues....... :-X

neds

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 15, 2015, 10:18:57 am
Where's neds??   Isn't he one of the main ECS posters??

Wow privatelesson you have some bad karma going on . .
I would agree that while ECS is not the team of last year they are still the team to beat for this year. They would be my pick to repeat.

Silky Johnson

Not having the twins will make it tough but Freeman and Robinson can 3-peat.

neds

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 08, 2015, 10:06:06 pm
Not having the twins will make it tough but Freeman and Robinson can 3-peat.

They will have good support. Their weakness will be in the middle, but their guard play will rival anyone in the state

Head Lion

Anyone hearing who is going to bid on state in Region 2, feel like it is about time for AAA to bring it back to middle part of state. So they will probably do just the opposite!

Paperman

I think osceola, Manila and Rivercrest will dominate the 3a-3. Manila lost only one starter! osceola will be sophomore heavy but really athletic! The Colts lost Chew but have players and a new system with coach Everett! Should be a fun season!

Head Lion

I have watched quite a bit of preseason, we are still probably 1 year away. I really feel like late in the season, we will be a tough out in tournament, kids never take a possession off. They will be one of the best defensive teams we have ever had and we always have shooters. Maybe we wont go 1-21 from 3 in state 2 years in a row.

OB11

Quote from: Paperman on October 13, 2015, 10:02:58 pm
I think osceola, Manila and Rivercrest will dominate the 3a-3. Manila lost only one starter! osceola will be sophomore heavy but really athletic! The Colts lost Chew but have players and a new system with coach Everett! Should be a fun season!

Going to be a much different look for the Colts this season.  Will be the first year in a looong time that someone named Wilson or Fleming wasn't sitting on the end of the bench.  Will be interesting to see how they are this year. 

#EagleStrong

The bad thing for those teams is that they should be matched up with the ECS/Jessieville/Cedar Ridge/Harding Academy region for the first round of state, so they're looking at a potentially daunting first game

Head Lion

Quote from: #EagleStrong on October 14, 2015, 04:04:59 pm
The bad thing for those teams is that they should be matched up with the ECS/Jessieville/Cedar Ridge/Harding Academy region for the first round of state, so they're looking at a potentially daunting first game
I thought that as well and that should be the turn in rotation, but AAA website has already up with #1 vs. #3 and #2 vs. #4.

bigdoug

ECS gonna go for a three-peat in my opinion. They still have a good set of guards and a few post players that should get better during the season. Coach Marsh knows how to get them right and how to get them to play on a championship level. No doubt they are gonna be top contenders for the championship once again.

Pastureboy21

What about Prescott? They made it to semi's last year, only lost to Mayflower by 9. Haven't seen them on any one's list. Did they loose talent?

Radiotalker

Quote from: ISU7 on September 21, 2015, 10:32:36 am
Osceola WILL NOT BE a top ten team, they have issues....... :-X

Nice prediction

Black and Gold

It's comical to go back and read some of these comments about who will be what and why

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas