• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two Rivers

Started by laketownballer, July 22, 2015, 08:54:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

laketownballer

Whats the word on the Two Rivers Boys Basketball position. Any Talent? Any Names of candidates who are interested.

#EagleStrong

I've heard two specific names:

Dustin Williams, coach at West Memphis Christian, formerly at Hazen. Williams is originally from Paris.

Blake Beggs, coach at Western Yell County, formerly at Deer. Beggs played at Fourche Valley, one of the four schools that consolidated to form Two Rivers.

There are reportedly others that have expressed interest in the job, but these are the only two names I have heard explicitly mentioned.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: #EagleStrong on July 22, 2015, 02:34:21 pm
I've heard two specific names:

Dustin Williams, coach at West Memphis Christian, formerly at Hazen. Williams is originally from Paris.

Blake Beggs, coach at Western Yell County, formerly at Deer. Beggs played at Fourche Valley, one of the four schools that consolidated to form Two Rivers.

There are reportedly others that have expressed interest in the job, but these are the only two names I have heard explicitly mentioned.

Don't think he ever got them to state, but beggs took over a ship wreck at deer and had them almost completely turned around when he left for wyc...

WPWells

I think Beggs would be a great option

#EagleStrong

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 22, 2015, 05:11:39 pm
I think Beggs would be a great option

My gut tells me that's who it will be. Nothing to back that up, just pure intuition. He's from there, he's shown he can win with less talent, which is what he'll face after this year. Two Rivers has to consider who can win there post Whitlow/Yates/Brimm, and that might be Beggs.

Eagle20

What happened to the former coach?

Longfellow

He took the head coaching job at Scranton

Basketballfan13

Anyone know who will take Scranton and lamars spot in two rivers tournament this year?

Longfellow

As far as I know, they're both still in it.

b-ball fan

Any word on this job

RTF

Dustin Williams is the new head coach

#EagleStrong

Quote from: RTF on July 31, 2015, 09:11:18 am

Darn good hire. He's an up-and-comer.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: #EagleStrong on July 31, 2015, 04:54:25 pm
Quote from: RTF on July 31, 2015, 09:11:18 am

Darn good hire. He's an up-and-comer.

How have his teams fared in the past

BigLion10

Whered he coach at before?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 31, 2015, 05:23:20 pm
Whered he coach at before?

Hazen and west Memphis christian I think...butbdont know time frame

Longfellow

Update: been talking to the players and they feel like they are getting better because of this new coach. One player told me that Williams has done more individual work with him in a month than Harrison did ever. I think Williams was definitely the right hire in this situation. I think it'll be a great season!

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Longfellow on September 06, 2015, 09:10:30 am
Update: been talking to the players and they feel like they are getting better because of this new coach. One player told me that Williams has done more individual work with him in a month than Harrison did ever. I think Williams was definitely the right hire in this situation. I think it'll be a great season!

Of course Williams is a good coach, he's from Paris  ;D

fbisgreat

He's from Paris that should be good for 3 or 4 loss'es right off the bat.

Longfellow

He's the first person I've met from Paris who knows anything about defense haha

RTF

You play defense in roundball? I guess I watch to much NBA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas