• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach T at Paris

Started by BigMan15, April 29, 2015, 03:10:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I wouldn't burn bridges yet

BigMan15

Well im hoping he gets the Harrison job but most people are saying not a chance!! Me and Coach T are great friends and whats happened is BS..but not only that this guy has hated my family since we have been here..none of my boys played football or ran track so he has no use for us!!

Longfellow

That's some strong words when we don't even know the whole story yet

Proud Buckaroo

If the reason he was fired is true.... you're supporting something you shouldn't be.

BigMan15

Message me what u were told and ill tell u if its true

BigMan15

I know the reason i guess u dont!!!

WPWells

Enlighten us, oh great wise one

beach bum

May 09, 2015, 02:59:15 pm #57 Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:07:26 pm by beach bum
Its the life of small town politics.... there is a reason I don't care to live in one since graduating high school. People in powerful positions will get get rid of people in the school system for whatever reason they want. I have seen teachers and coaches be the first to show up and last to leave type person yet because they don't make "buddy buddy" with administration they aren't given any respect. Its sad.

HorseFeathers

why would a guy who.s trying to leave paris(listed as an applicant for atleast 2 hc football jobs) try to tank his current schools sport program....doesn.t seem like a good resume builder to me......

BigMan15

Quote from: beach bum on May 09, 2015, 02:59:15 pm
Its the life of small town politics.... there is a reason I don't care to live in one since graduating high school. People in powerful positions will get get rid of people in the school system for whatever reason they want. I have seen teachers and coaches be the first to show up and last to leave type person yet because they don't make "buddy buddy" with administration they aren't given any respect. Its sad.
Exactly

Bones1084

I think everyone would like to know the same exact answers as well as the coach involved because the reason he got was too many girls are quitting because his expectations are too high, the exact words from the superintendent. If any school board member or administration ever tells any of their coaches that then the school itself has a problem. They obviously don't want that sports program doing well.

eagle-fan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 09, 2015, 01:29:13 pm
If the reason he was fired is true.... you're supporting something you shouldn't be.
You are SO correct!!   And so is 12th Man CHS !!
  And, secondly,  coach Hutson coaches girls track and could care less about which boys do or don't go out for track or for basketball for that matter. Many young men play both football and basketball and it works out pretty well at Paris. 
   And, the school board was NOT approached initially by the AD concerning the coach T situation, enough said on that... believe what you want. As previously said, ONE person does not fire or hire or reassign a teacher/coach. Attend the next board meeting perhaps and express yourself?  If BigMan really likes his close friend, he sure better be a little quieter about continued talk about the administrative decision made. Complain to the school board if you must complain.
   And, lastly, the lack of the gym being open to any and everybody has ALWAYS been that way at Paris, this is NOT Charleston.  The past ADs had no solutions about such a small gym and being overcrowded and things coming up missing at times by unsupervised use of the gym. Charleston has a better situation with that regard, and that's a compliment to them and what they have developed with regard to gym use. I would hate to see a very good basketball player's family move because of such trivial issues brought up about the gym. Maybe the Boys Club can help with that matter?

eagle-fan

Quote from: Bones1084 on May 09, 2015, 03:20:48 pm
I think everyone would like to know the same exact answers as well as the coach involved because the reason he got was too many girls are quitting because his expectations are too high, the exact words from the superintendent. If any school board member or administration ever tells any of their coaches that then the school itself has a problem. They obviously don't want that sports program doing well.
How do you know what the Superintendent said behind closed doors?? That is private information. Has the coach told the media or an open forum that information in person?  Think not.. Lets stick to facts only and not personal  sentiments. The school board does a very good job in their administrative duties

basketballjones

May 09, 2015, 09:33:45 pm #63 Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:35:43 pm by basketballjones
I don't know the River Valley that well but if you get pushed out because "your expectations are too high" I really feel for your program. That's about as ridiculous as Tom Brady possibly getting suspended for deflate gate! I hope the boys basketball coach doesn't have high expectations since they will be a top 3 team in the state with the Fenner kid.

Coach T

As much as I hate to do this I feel the need to speak up for myself here. First off I wasn't fired I was reassigned there is a difference. I am not going to speculate or post anything on here that is not a fact. I am certain a few people will feel the need to chime in and refute what I am about to type out and that is fine but only 1 other person was in the room when this was discussed.

First I have never once been written up at Paris. I have never once been called into the office and verbally reprimanded. I have had 1 parent meeting in 4 years and it was a very positive and constructive meeting. Many of the people showing support in here have kids that played for me here at Paris.

Now here are the facts. 2 girls quit the day after I handed out our summer schedule. Both are in track and I do not have any interaction with them during track. So the last time I saw or talked to them would have been the first week of March and they quit in April. The parent of one of them made a point to go talk to the Superintendent and make sure he knew her daughter did not quit because of me.

A week or so later I am called in and told I am being recommend to be reassigned due to girls quitting basketball and low numbers. For the record there were 7 girls on the team when I arrived at Paris and there would be 8 on the team next year.

About 2 weeks after that I was called in again and told that they had conducted some interviews with the girls that have quit in the past. Nothing was said to me about the results of those interviews. I was then told that my expectations were too high for Paris girls basketball and that resulted in a rift.

Now what I would really like is to try and move on and focus on the future and not read people trying to connect the dots because they are bored. I have a family that deserves better than that.  I was very excited about the future of the team and eager for next season, this was totally out of left field. I have had some great, great kids and some amazing moments at Paris. Some of my greatest accomplishments as a coach happened here. I could write a book on the girls that put in the hours to turn the program around and how highly I think of them.

Is this the entire story? Absolutely not, but like I said I am not going to speculate and bash someone publicly for things I cannot prove or that I am not sure of. I am not perfect and there are things I could have done better but I have been ethical and professional to players and administration all 4 years. So please do not get on here and insinuate differently. I have a family that I love dearly and what we would really appreciate is for this to be in the past and everyone just move on with their lives.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas